Thursday, July 24, 2008

Slow Night

Tonight was a slow night.  I could have easily handled the after 9 pm traffic single-handedly, but had another driver with me.

I should take advantage of slow nights more than I do.  Here are a few things I should do when it's slow:
  • Slower nights mean excess dough.  I should make pizzas with the excess dough and sell them to bars.  "Hot selling" or the less PC "pimping pizzas" are the terms used to commonly describe this practice.
  • Set up food trades.  I actually tried to with UDF and Steak & Shake.  All I wanted was a stupid milkshake.
  • Extra cleaning tasks. (just kidding)
  • Clean my car.  Hey, this would be a cleaning duty if I drove a company vehicle, as delivery drivers do in other countries.  I shouldn't be denied the chance to do this on the clock just because my company does not provide me with a vehicle.
But tonight, I just wanted to get my work done and go home.  I have to be in just the right mood to pimp pizzas, otherwise I feel too much like a door to door vacuum salesman.

On a brighter note, I posted this on TTPG today, in the topic "Why do you do it?":

I love driving.
I love working unsupervised.
I make very good money.
I get time off when I need it and extra hours when I need them.
I get free food.
I can even trade the free food for food from other restaurants or things like oil changes.
I love listening to music and I get to pick what music is on at work.
I am out of market for all my favorite teams (Detroit/U-M), but I get to listen to them via satellite radio, which is a tax write-off.
I always have great stories to tell.
As LoneStar once said, "pizza delivery is the last great job in America".

No comments: