Tuesday, August 31, 2010

'Til Death Do Us Part

I had an entertaining run tonight. Normally, I only deliver Friday and Saturday nights, but I picked up a shift.

I went to a trailer park with a large 4 topping pizza. The only reason I mention it was a trailer is to set the scene, not to look down on people that live there or make fun of them. This was a double wide trailer. The extra side of it was completely unfinished, and made the people that lived there a prime candidate to appear on the show "Hoarders". I knocked on the door, an elderly gentleman answered, with his wife lurking in the background. I told him his total, $19.00. He happily handed me a $10 bill and generously (at least, from his perspective) told me to keep the change. I said "sir, this is a $10 bill" and handed it back to him. His wife yelled "WHY DON'T YOU GET IT RIGHT?!?!?!?, to which he responded "WHY DON'T YOU SHUT UP!?!?!?!" After this sequence, which eerily reminded me of George Costanza's parents screaming on "Seinfeld", the man handed me a $20 bill, still told me to keep the buck, and the couple acted like nothing ever happened.

At least they agreed on pizza toppings.

1 comment:

Pete said...

Hey if your ever in Las Vegas Check out the Las Vegas Pizza Connection to see if you can find the exact pizza your looking for.Las Vegas Pizza